So often I see post about women or men looking for the “right one.” Well, the definition of that person could vary depending on the person. Where many people fail in finding the right one, is when they think they need what someone else has.
My hubby always says, “Everybody’s shoe don’t fit my feet.”
Such a true statement! So often people get caught up in the “happy” relationships they see on Facebook or other social media sites or what their friends protray. What they have going on, may not be what you need in your life. And so often, people fake being in happy relationships for “likes” anyways.
Here are a few suggestions I want to share for finding the right one:
1. Before you desire a relationship, find out what it is you actually want and need in a mate. Don’t just get into a relationship because everyone else is in one. Being single right now may be the best thing for you at the moment.
2. Be complete and in love with yourself before adding someone else to your life.
3. Realize we all have baggage. We all have issues. Be patient with yourself and your future mate.
4. Don’t expect perfection. We all make mistakes. You’re not always going to agree.
5. Learn what you can and can not deal with.
6. Don’t limit yourself by writing a list and expecting that person to meet every criteria you’ve set.
7. Be open to getting to know different people of races.
These are just my thoughts. Happy dating!